Porcelain Fused to Metal
Spartan Dental Lab is proud to offer porcelain-fused-to-metal restorations. These crowns are metal cast with porcelain fused over top, allowing your patient a natural tooth appearance when these treatments are received. PFM restorations have proven integrity as they have been a staple in the industry for many years because they offer stability and strength.
- Posterior crowns
- Anterior crowns
- Bridges; 3 + units
- Abutment crowns
- Non-precious, semi-precious, and high-noble metals can be used to manufacture any porcelain fused to metal restoration
- The patient has a metal allergy, high noble can be used.
- A compromised area for the tooth preparation process
- Short prep that lacks stability
- Lack of adequate space between prep and occlusion for porcelain and metal
- Chamfer margin preparation
- Shoulder margin preparation (if porcelain labial margin is prescribed)
- Feather-edge margin (full-cast restorations)
- The ideal preparation for PFMs is a chamfer margin preparation. If a porcelain labial margin is prescribed, then a shoulder margin preparation is required.
- Feather-edge margin preparations are indicated for full-cast restorations.
- Glass ionomer cement
- Zinc Phosphate Polycarboxylate
- Resin Ionomer cement